01 January, 2009

happy new year!

Nathan and I failed New Year's. We went to dinner at the Tap House which was awesome. We took our time and had drinks at the bar (I had a key lime pie martini...complete with graham cracker crust: one of my favorite drinks!), ordered an appetizer, had bread and then finally our entrees. It was really good food and a fun atmosphere. We had a big comfy booth to just the two of us and we enjoyed ourselves for sure.

When we headed home we stopped to get champagne and dessert to be consumed in the new year...That's where we failed. We started watching movies on t.v. and realized we were both extremely tired. We'd both started the morning early and never took naps. Big mistake. By 11:00pm we were asleep and slept straight through 2009. We knew that going home would put us to sleep so that was our own choice. Truthfully I don't mind, the most important part was I ended last year and began this year with my best friend and love. Next year we will plan better and make it all night!

I've been looking around at apartments in downtown Bellevue whenever we're out. I go online and look at pictures and prices and add them to our list of possibilities. Things get pretty expensive here so I have to remind myself we shouldn't completely overindulge...BUT we definitely could get a cool funky place downtown and be happy with it. It's kind of nice to have 5 months to look because it gives us time to find what we truly want. I'm so excited for that 5 months to pass quickly!

I think life is going to drastically change when Nathan and I can finally live in the same city. Especially the same home! I'm excited for graduation to get here but I am kind of nervous about starting a new job. I love where I work right now and I'm coming to the sad realization that I have to leave...and might not find a place this good. I'm holding out hope though. Maybe if I start looking early enough for that too I can be a littler pickier and find the best fit.

No comments: