29 January, 2009

lucky

Lately I've been thinking how head over heels I am for my boyfriend...my sweet, wonderful, hilarious, caring, adorable boy. It's not that I don't think this every day but sometimes it's even more obvious. I remember in past relationships that after the year mark things would change a little. We'd get comfortable and some of the butterflies and giddiness would wear off. This just doesn't seem to be happening for us...or better, we're getting the best of both worlds: extremely comfortable but still feeling like we just started dating. I love it and I love him. Maybe the reason I've never felt this before is because this is finally it and all those other relationships were great but none would compare to the one I have now. I'm such a lucky girl.

Scrappy (the dog) and I driving over to Nathan's tomorrow afternoon. I'm driving back Monday morning instead of Sunday because of the Superbowl. I'm leaving Scrappy there because the following weekend I am flying over with a plane ticket Nathan bought for me. And then he comes back over here the next weekend with Scrappy for Valentine's Day. Then we go 3 weeks without seeing each other...yuck.


We are looking at a couple apartments on Saturday. It's a little soon but I am beyond excited for this step in our lives so it tides me over to at least look. And if we really really fall in love with one we can pay a holding fee. A house would trump any apartment. We'd love to be able to have a yard, a place with no shared walls and a driveway. But I'm afraid that's going to be something we can only get right before our move-in date...they seem to go fast.


WE BOOKED OUR CRUISE YESTERDAY! It's official, we're going to Mexico for 7 days on March 14! I can't wait. I am so excited! It's only 44 days away! We even bought our plane tickets to Long Beach so it's all paid for except for a hotel in Long Beach the night before the ship leaves. Nathan wants us to pick one together so we'll do it this weekend as well. It actually was pretty reasonably priced. With Nathan's discount it was $751 each for a balcony room. And I discovered we could fly into Long Beach instead of Los Angeles and not only save money but be even closer to the port. So the plane tickets were $126 each, round trip. Nathan has insisted I don't need to worry about extra money for food and excursions and whatnot but I am going to do my best to save and bring as much as I can. I'm beyond excited for our first big trip together!
My friend and I bought Rosetta Stone to work on our Spanish. I am also SO excited about this, the timing is good and I have been wanting it forever. It's spendy but it'll be so worth it. I can't wait for it to get here. I'm interested to see what it's like. I feel pretty confident in my basic Spanish so I'm wondering how hard this will be. I could see it being really hard with no Spanish knowledge what-so-ever so I'm glad my high school classes and trips to Mexico and Peru have kept me sharp!


I have been really good about working out this week. AND walking the dog. I'm stoked to be getting back into it. It's great once I get to the gym, it's just convincing myself that YES, I do need to go. I'm going to be sure to bring workout stuff to Nathan's so I can go with him. He is doing SO well with his working out, he goes like 6 days a week. He is extremely motivated to work out and eat healthy. I love hearing him talk about it, he is all in. He's reading all these books about goal setting and whatnot. I'm so grateful because I want him around forever and that means getting healthy! Unfortunately I think I have to decide between Rosetta Stone and the bootcamp I was going to go to. I guess I already picked Rosetta Stone. I think I can keep up with my workout routine of 4 days a week plus walking the dog and that should at least do something for me. I just want to get toned and be healthy.


I need to get packed for this weekend and go to bed early so I'm awake for the drive!


No comments: