31 December, 2008

delay

My plane to Seattle for New Year's is delayed 71 minutes. This is the second delay and hopefully the last. Truthfully I've got all night so it doesn't really matter when I get there but the sooner I see Nathan the better. I got extremely used to having him around for two weeks straight and being apart after that is no fun.

I took Scrappy to be boarded today while I'm gone over New Year's. He was all excited because he knew we were going somewhere. But I don't think he knew I was leaving him there for 5 days. He is a good dog and loves new things and new people so I know he will be absolutely fine. But I did cry. I think the man who was checking us in knew that I was getting emotional so he made it really quick and took him without giving me a chance to break down. I walked quickly out the door and tears began to stream down my face. I don't know why I was so torn up about it, he's a DOG. But he really has become my baby...my little shadow. And I hate leaving him. I paid extra for him to get two individualized walks a day and to get all groomed and pretty before I pick him up.

The people were really nice so I know it'll be good. I'm trying not to think about it because I just get a big pit in my stomach of guilt. We just don't know many people here who can have dogs at their houses and in fact, no one is in town anyway since it's Christmas break still...

I think we've decided to get a fairly inexpensive dinner (not The Melting Pot's $78/person like we were considering before) tonight and then just watch movies at home with a little champagne to kick off the new year. Then we'll use the money we saved to get massages on Friday...Woot! Nathan will be working most of Friday so I plan to do some New Year shopping and just relax before I start back up with my last two quarters of school. Yay!

No comments: