Last night I had another four hour drive to Bellevue which consisted of my "girl music" up loud and my thoughts on overdrive. I think entirely too much for my own good. None of my thoughts were bad but I started thinking about graduation and how it opens all kinds of new doors but also abruptly shuts the one that revolves around Cheney, Washington and my friends here. Unfortunately, once we get our masters' we will all drift in separate directions. Some of us may keep in touch but I know we won't have random karaoke nights with the over-40 crowd or mechanical bull-riding on Friday nights or random dinners out that send us all into debt...I know what happens when people grow up and get married and have kids and start new lives...That whole "friends from high school/college" thing kind of changes.
It's funny this comes from me, the person who is literally counting down the days until spring of 2009 when I can finally be finished with school, a member of the working world, an adult. True, I can hardly wait for that to happen but the ending of it all is going to be completely bittersweet. It's a year and 3 months away so there's time to live it up and cherish the moments we have but I'm just nervous. I don't do well with endings.
Anyway...on a much lighter note (Debbie Downer!) I rode the mechanical bull last weekend with Foley. The guy who operates the machine of course makes it shake so girls' boobs give a real nice show for the audience. Having still not gone through puburty, I gladly sat on the front where my padded bra would do no shaking. My more well-endowed friend chose the back where she spent most of the time holding the girls in:
I'm still not much of a drinker. I chose to remember most of my nights out, especially when other friends are drunk and I can tell them later what they did. I did, however, partake in a Red Headed Slut, how could I not?
Jolene, Me, Foley, Brenden
I have a ton of homework to do. I probably should not have come to Bellevue but I hadn't seen Nathan in 10 days and was going through withdrawals. I'm glad I'm here and I know he'll let me get some homework finished. We will be taking a break to go skiing tomorrow though. Plus, I don't do homework on Saturdays. It's my rule. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment