I shopped my head off while I was visiting Nathan this weekend. Hi my name is Ashley and I am a shopaholic. Besides the shopping, the visit was wonderful. I got to stay almost a week...Ahhh...heaven. I am the luckiest girl. :)
I'm leaving for Peru in 34 hours! I've still got a lot of packing to do. Right now the laundry is going so I'm on a break between the washing and the putting in the suitcase stages. I have written and rewritten numerous packing lists and I'm still sure I am forgetting something.
I had my practicum interview the other day. It was quite a bit better than I'd anticipated. My title would be "case manager" and I would do mostly financial counseling with low income and homeless clients. They have a lot of resources to help people with bad/no credit get bank accounts and loans and whatnots so I'd get to give those out. I would also be a part of the education classes, the coalitions and really anything else I was interested in in the financial side of the low income/homeless population. I could make my own schedule and choose when I'd be there and when I'd see clients. I think I would definitely enjoy it. While I am longing to have kids included in my practicum, I also think this experience is a necessary one and I need all the experience I can get so really, I should start wherever I can. I also called the main place I wanted to be, Shriner's Children's Hospital and found out they don't do internships for social work students, only two other degrees I can remember...So with that one ruled out, I can easily think about others. Plus they could still use me as a volunteer there which I'd love to do. AND I am finding that medical social work with kids just apparently isn't going to happen while I'm at EWU because the School of Social Work does not have any contacts with those places and therefore we're not allowed to be placed there.
So...we'll see! They were supposed to call early this week and haven't so tomorrow I'll call and see what's going on with it all.
All I want to do is eat right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment