Do you ever have those moments where you just realize, Wow, I am so lucky...? I had that last night.
Nathan convinced me to come back over to Bellevue this weekend and I decided to drive instead of fly. There are moments every so often when I just want to climb into the car, turn up the music and drive...not worrying about anything but the open road and the thoughts on my mind. I had 4 good hours of thinking last night and it just felt good for my soul.
Life is good right now. I am in grad school, in a state I adore, pursuing a career in the thing I love more than anything in the world. I have some really great friends, an incredibly supportive and wonderful family, a boyfriend who is truly my best friend and and all around really great life. I think I sometimes fail to realize how great things really are and be thankful for all that I have. I haven't always been able to think about every aspect of my life and be at peace with it. There always seems to be some little thing in the back of my mind that makes me a little uneasy. But right now I truly cannot think of anything that fits that right now and the feeling of just loving life is such an overwhelmingly wonderful emotion.
I registered for classes for next quarter the other day...I have a 12 hour class day on Mondays and that is it. I suppose it's nice to get it all out of the way but I am pretty sure I will die of either boredom or a butt that falls asleep from sitting so long. I plan to pack many snacks and go to sleep at about 8:00pm the night before so I can make it from 8:00am-10:00pm. The one thing about grad school is that most classes are only a couple days a week so they get to be really long days. I have an 8 hour Monday right now and then 4 hour Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I think I'm getting used to it, as I should since it'll be this way until June 2009!
Nathan is at work so I have plans to be a little lazy until we go have lunch together and then maybe hit up a few stores, recycle some newspaper, take the dog for a walk and maybe get a head start on some homework. I'm in the city so I could easily do some hardcore shopping...But I'll hold back. A little.
1 comment:
Ash, you are so cute. I miss you tonz. I can't believe it's been so long. Do I know who Nathan is?
Post a Comment