25 February, 2009

i've got sunshine on a cloudy day...

Okay, this too shall pass. My minor big deal about nothing was just that. I simply must learn to just let life happen. It's a challenge I'm willing to work on. Often times I blog and then delete what I write because I simply just need to get it out of my head, down on 'paper' and then I'm fine. I probably could delete yesterday.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying Global Volunteers, the same group I went to Peru with, is offering 50 scholarships for graduate students in health care (social work included). The scholarships pay for half the trip to another country to do volunteer work. I've had my eye on South Africia, Romania and India. I'm considering applying as I dream about doing more international social work at least once a day. The money is always an issue right now as I don't really have a lot of time to save extra thousands of dollars. It's the plane ticket that always seems to cost the most. The rest of the money goes towards food and housing and for anything the orphanages or hospitals need...which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd love to fund raise but I think everyone is so tapped out right now it's a bad time for me to ask for something that is not a necessity.

SO. I may apply. I have to find out if I am still eligible if the trip happens after graduation though. They have some as late as 2010 which may be a better time for me to go anyway. I'm going to call them today. I partly have a feeling it might not work out but just the mere possibility is worth looking into.

I'm ready for spring. It's been raining lately which means the snow is starting to melt, finally. I was rather disappointed to hear snow in the forecast though. The problem is it's never good snow. It's crappy wet stuff that comes and goes and that really does nothing for me in the form of powder on the mountain. So if anyone is taking requests, I'd like spring now please. With some pretty flowers on the side.

No comments: