03 December, 2010

flossing

Tonight I am going to try my hand at homemade caramels-Apple Cider ones to be exact. I am slowly but surely working on becoming a good (key word here...I can cook and bake but I want to be GOOD) cook and baker. Every so often I try a recipe that doesn't turn out so great and I am thankful for my good-natured taste-testing hubby who never complains. Unfortunately I ruined the pecan pie at Thanksgiving and that was a big letdown...I know, that's one that is very basic and shouldn't be so hard, especially since I topped that with an amazing white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake with gingerbread crust...But something went wrong. My goal is a redeeming Christmas pecan pie.

Speaking of all this baking and sweet eating, we had dentist appointments today. The running joke is always that Nathan, when we started dating, had not been to the dentist in like 3 years. I encouraged him to go, both of us expecting many many cavities after years of poor dental health. Surprisingly, he left with NO cavities and the dentist even said his teeth looked great. I left with THREE cavities (my first ever) and got a serious lecture about taking better care of my teeth - even though I had been practicing regular check-ups, brushing regularly and even flossing. Ugh. Nathan has some amazingly perfect spaces between his teeth that make flossing nearly unncessary. I hate it. So today we went to the dentist - he still doesn't floss and still often forgets to brush his teeth - and the dental hygienist not only told him his teeth looked great but that she could tell he had been flossing...and he lied and said he does! What a turd. Luckily the dentist finally (after two years of us going there) also told me that my teeth look good. Sheesh. I have been flossing like crazy.

Tomorrow we are going to get massages! So excited. We are also getting our Christmas tree and making a final decision about whether or not we'll put lights on our house. We only have a couple weeks to enjoy them before we leave for Montana so we need to decide if it's worth it. The neighbors have some simple icicle lights that look adorable with the high peaks of our roofs so we might be easily sold on them. It'd be a loss to not decorate our first home!

No comments: