23 November, 2010

snow day(s)

Today was a snow day. Tomorrow is a snow day. There is about 2 inches of snow on the ground. I guess they should call it an "ice day" here because that's really more the issue. When the streets freeze people get really dumb...not to mention much of the Seattle area is on hills so there is a lot of sliding all over the place and hitting other cars, light posts, etc. Truthfully though, the area where we live and the radius in which my school district sits is just fine. Canceling school was probably not necessary at all. But I must remember we aren't in Montana anymore Toto.

Of course I won't complain about a snow day, especially right before Thanksgiving! I worked one day this week and will get paid for the whole week. But I had every intention of returning to work Tuesday which meant I left a to-do list of things to do, thinking I'd have until Wednesday to take care of them. One of them was getting winter clothes for a family...it worries me that I can't take care of that until next week. I know they'll be okay but I just hate knowing the amount of time that will lapse in between now and then. I also have stats to turn in and brought my computer home to do them yet I can't access my files without being connected to the school's server. I am literally driving to my high school tomorrow and parking in the parking lot to try and pick up the wi-fi just long enough to save my file and go home to finish the stats. If anyone is there I will go in but otherwise the building will be locked and there's no way I am going to try and turn off the huge alarm system without the police coming.

Beyond that I have some baking to do. I ordered a Strawberry Rhubarb pie from a delicious bakery but I am going to make the other two pies: Pecan Pie (Nathan's favorite and the only pie he ever requests) and White Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie (with a gingersnap crust...yeah, yum). I also want to make some homemade granola and pumpkin streusel bread. Oh and a french toast casserole for one of these mornings. And chili for tomorrow night. So maybe a day off is helpful. We are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time so there is much to be done but it should be really fun.

I am watching tons of Black Friday specials appear each day...I want so badly to take advantage of ALL of them. I have never actually been in a place with good shopping on Black Friday, I've always been in Montana. Not to mention the cyber shopping is the best I've ever seen it this year. Probably not so good for my shopping addiction but oh it's fun to look.

No comments: