06 September, 2010

labor day weekend

Labor Day weekend! Yay! It's fun to have my hubby home on a Monday. Sometimes I feel like I'm a stay at home wife since I get off work so early and have so much time off...I am getting dangerously used to it. School starts tomorrow though and I am hoping and praying I get busy. I will still be off at 2:30pm and have a million days off but hopefully my 7 hours a day of work will be full of things to do! I think these first weeks will be slow, just because I am not going to pull kids from classes they've just started...but I am sure it won't take long for things to get going. I hope.

We went to the state fair last night. As you could guess, the fat kid in me was extremely excited to indulge in fair food and ohhhh I did. Years ago at the Montana state fair in Great Falls I had deep fried onion (like onion rings only an entire onion, kind of like the Bloomin' Onion at Outback Steakhouse). I have always hoped other fairs would have them but have been continually let down. Imagine my excitement when we walked up to a booth with a blinking "Onion Burst $7" sign. Ohhhhh yum.





Despite resembling a spider, it was amazing. Now I have to wait a whole year to have another! It's probably a good thing though, I am planning a long walk/run with the dog today to burn a few of those calories.

We went to the rodeo expecting a big Montana-style event but instead were in a tiny indoor arena. It was still fun though, I can't ever complain about a fair.

We also filled our weekend with a trip to Ikea, dinner with Whitney and Joey and a few more projects around the house. I am going to run out and buy paint now to cross another room off the list, yippee! I have become obsessed with home decorating and right now mostly just read about it but day by day I am trying to add new things to our's. It's a long and expensive process but over time I hope our little home eventually become cute, cozy and even magazine-worthy if I can figure it all out.

No comments: