I want to start a blog, like a real one with a theme and sponsors who pay to have their ads scroll along the sides of the screen. I want to write for fun but get paid a little too. I want followers who watch for my updates just like I watch for the updates on many of my favorite blogs. I LOVE blogs and I love blogging...you couldn't tell from the mundane updates of this blog but I really do love to write and I would love for it to be a bigger part of my life and/or career than just journal entries here and there. But I need a topic...something consistent in my blog like home improvements or motherhood or DIY projects..But we are far too unskilled to write about home improvements, I'm not a mommy (although I am super excited to have a mommy blog when I do have the chance) and crafts are fun...but I'm not that creative...Any ideas? There's got to be something.
As much as I love social work, things are just so slow at my job that I feel like I need a creative outlet somewhere or something to add a little spunk, something that gets me as excited as social work can on a good day. I'll find it...
In the mean time I spray painted picture frames and an old bedside table yesterday. I also inadvertantly painted our sidewalk white. Oops. Hopefully we'll live here long enough for it to fade before someone is interested in buying our house. I don't know how long it takes paint to come off the ground? I also found some chairs for our formal living room and will soon order them I think. It's coming together piece by piece and I'm anxious for friends and family to see our house soon. It is still far from being exactly what I envision but I think we're getting there slowly but surely!
2 comments:
I really want to give you an idea, an angle because I can relate to you: I love blogging too. It has really helped me express myself in a whole new way. But who am I to give you advice? Humbly, I suggest that your angle be social work. You say you love it on a good day. What happens on a good day? What happens in your life every day that is "social work" and I don't mean just at work. It seems to me that social workers pay attention to aspects of life that everyone else wants to ignore or judge unfairly. Isn't your job essentially kindness? Consider shining a light on things that the rest of us ignore or simply don't see. Maybe that's your angle?
i thought about social work but the problem is the risk of breaching confidentiality. even if i am very careful if anyone read it and took it wrong and felt it was a breach i could lose my job, my degree, my license...so i have to be careful.
Post a Comment