15 July, 2010

summer sunshine

Can I just say I love summer? Things are just so carefree and sunny and happy and FUN. We are going to Bite of Seattle this weekend which totally equals summer to me. Tons of happy people, food stands for miles, water parks, music, sitting on the grass, walking around in shorts, holding hands, taking pictures. I'm excited.

Then next weekend we are back in Montana for Abbie's wedding! Weddings also equal summer to me and obviously this summer is no exception by any means. Ahh. I am definitely looking forward to all of it...

On the home front, I got a couple samples of paint so I can re-do the yellow office (it's just way too bright and I feel guilty considering it will also be a guest room...and our poor guests will die of yellow overload) and finally paint our bedroom. The yellow is definitely a go but for our bedroom I chose two greyish blues and we cannot seem to choose which one we like better, they're both good! We also have one naked wall in our family room because we ran out of taupe color and thought it might be the perfect opportunity to throw in an accent wall...But what color accent wall!? That room is mostly neutrals, tans, browns, light blues. I was thinking a really light blue which I don't think classifies as an accent wall, but whatever. The painting never goes very quickly anyway so I'm not in a hurry because I am estimating it will be the end of August before we finally get it all finished...but I like to dream.

I also want to plant some flowers in some planters on our steps but I am very nervous about them surviving while we are gone so much this summer. When we came back last week our little pansies were completely dead. I need a timed waterer for a little flower pot, has anyone invented that?

We are going to test drive some cars for Nathan this weekend. We are sad to say we may have to get rid of the truck. It's a bummer because we love its comfort, utility and just all around greatness...but it is a terrible vehicle for commuting and that is exactly what Nathan is doing every day. He is looking at the Audi A4 which isn't exactly what I was thinking but he really wants all wheel drive while still having some sportiness and power. It also has to be comfortable for a tall guy and have four doors...because let's be realistic, we plan to keep this next car for a while and that probably means needing to use the backseat for things like...babies. So we'll see what we can find. Surprisingly the Audi A4 is only about $15 more a month for insurance which was music to my ears considering our insurance is at a great rate since it just went down again when we moved to a safer area.

No comments: