27 June, 2010

the ship has sailed!

We have finally finished our wedding invitations and got the majority of them in the mail exactly at the 6 week deadline. What a relief! I love them after adding a backing to the invite and polka dot yellow envelope liners. It was a lot of extra work but my sweet hubby-to-be was a great crafting assistant. In fact, on Sunday morning he got up at 6:00am and stamped our return address on every single envelope...and beautifully too!


We are ready for this wedding! There are a few extra details to work out and then it's go time! We're pretty excited for the big day and the combination of sealing the deal forever as well as spending time with so many friends and family in our favorite place.
A lot of our friends have been taking trips and buying fun things lately and we have been bummed to not take part due to saving for a wedding and our house...but looking back I don't know if I'd do it any other way. The wait is going to be so worth it and I think coming home to OUR house is going to feel even better when we can hang a "The Johnsons" sign on the door and wake up each morning as husband and wife. I know I'm going to spend a good part of August 7 crying but it's all going to be big huge happy tears. I'm crazy in love with the boy I will call my husband and I can't wait to make it officially official. We are also BEYOND excited to be at the lake for 2 weeks basking in the sun with family and taking a little break from the stressful side of life.

It's going to be good.




No comments: