31 January, 2010

house offer

We finally saw Avatar at the IMAX today! We were laying around trying to decide what to do to avoid a super lazy Sunday when Nathan started to look up movie times. He told me if I could be ready in 40 minutes to walk out the door at 10:00am we could make it to get tickets for the movie. Getting ready that fast is a bit of a feat for me as my hair takes a million years to comb when it's wet and then takes a few more years to dry when I don't get to let it air dry for a little while. But I did it and we were pulling out of the driveway at 10:01am.

The movie didn't start until 11:30am so but we were among the first to get seats. FINALLY. I guess the first showing on Sunday morning is the least popular. The guy told us the movie following that one was already 75% sold out so we definitely made the right choice. It was definitely a good movie and I'm glad I finally saw it (Nathan's second time)! It was a lot of work to see that damn thing!

In other news, we made an offer on the house last week! We should find out by Tuesday what the bank will bring back. We expect them to counter with a higher offer and we are prepared to negotiate but have also drawn the line where we will have to walk away. We are both getting pretty emotionally involved in the whole thing. Not really THIS house specifically but just A house. We are just really excited to take this step so we are hoping it can happen. But we also trust that if it's not the right time for us, well then it just isn't...and we can wait, hopefully. We are two of the most impatient people in the world so it's all a challenge in patience and grown-up-ness. It's well worth it though. This is the biggest purchase of our lives thus far so we aren't about to mess around. If it's meant to be it will be!

There is one other house we are going to check out tomorrow. It's a place that is just coming onto the market and our agent really thinks we need to see it. She sent us a couple pictures and it is pretty adorable. It is older than the one we put the offer on but it is-from what we've been told-in immaculate condition. It is also within walking distance of a town center with cute little shops...one of the things I really want in a house someday. So I'm excited to see if we love it just as much or more.

No comments: