04 January, 2010

home

In reference to the previous post: I found a graphic designer who made us an adorable Save the Date for $16.99 and I am so happy!

We took down all of our Christmas decorations yesterday as our complex advertised that a boy scout troupe would come by today to collect trees. We got a bunch of Christmas decorations as gifts and I decided I wish Christmas could come twice a year. I LOVE it so much and it went by way too quickly. I had a really good time at home with our families. As we were driving back we realized it actually gets harder to leave everytime. I noticed that Nathan did not say a single thing about wanting to get back home (to Seattle) like he usually does when we're away. He loves to go places, especially if there are lots of people involved, but he always looks forward to getting home. I do too but usually I could stay about a week longer than he'd like and still be happy. But during this Montana trip he seemed to feel at home. There's just something about Montana. And obviously you all know what it is if you've ever lived there.

We decided that as of right now, moving to Montana is in our five year plan, right at the end of it. Who knows what will happen between now and then but right now that's where we stand. We want to raise our family there, near our own families so choosing to wait much longer would cut out some important years. But we also need to make some more money over here, see and do all the fun things, keep up with the city life. I'm not quite ready to be back in such a familiar place yet but it's helpful to know it is on the horizon.

No comments: