13 December, 2009

releasing control

All I need right now is a really great graphic designer who will design a Save the Date announcement for us for a small price, give us the file and then allow us to print it somewhere for 19 cents a card so we can have cute but inexpensive cards. Why is this proving to be so difficult? I don't want to design our own Save the Date because I'm just not able to do it like I envision in my head. I am rarely a perfectionist but when it comes to designs and paper and fonts I just get this idea in my mind that I have to have...I could easily be a graphic designer if I had an ounce of artistic ability in my body...but I don't. I just have the eye for things that look good and those are the things I want!

I truly believe there are certain parts of our wedding we just have to give up for others to take over so that we can save our sanity and focus on the important things. While Save the Dates are a small item, I honestly think it would be best to give up control and allow someone else to make it. So I'm going to. Etsy, one of my favorite websites has tons of designers who will design something for $15-$40. I think that is very reasonable. Even the graphic designer friends I know would charge more than that. Whew.

I'm glad I got that out.

Truthfully being engaged is so much fun and there is a little part of me that would consider extending our wedding date just so we could stay engaged. I love looking at wedding planning blogs and websites and forums. I kind of want to work in the wedding industry. I always have, I loved catering weddings and seeing the details each bride picked. I think being a wedding planner's assistant is my dream job...maybe for the future when I need a break from social work.

On another note, we leave for Montana Friday morning to spend 8 days home for Christmas! I'm so excited. I haven't seen my parents since we got engaged so I am beyond excited for that. My mom scheduled some appointments for me to try on wedding dresses and my maid of honor and I have a standing date for pedicures and wedding discussion. I also completely love Christmas and cannot wait for Christmas Eve brunch, dinner with the family, opening presents, giving presents, lefse and meatballs, snow, skiing...I am so ready. I hope this week goes by quickly. I think it will because I have a ton to do to prepare for being gone and we have my Christmas party and Nathan's this week. I don't want Christmas to end!



This was taken on Nathan's camera phone so the quality is bad but it's our first tree! We still need a topper and tree skirt but I think we might purchase them after Christmas and on sale...shhhh.
Gosh you'd think our life completely revolves around budget-friendly decisions now!

No comments: