I can't remember if I already wrote this but we are almost positive, if everything works out correctly, we are going to buy a house by April 2010, before our wedding. This is super exciting because we have been wanting this forEVER and should be able to do it if we can find something in our price range (which we have found-we just need to agree that it means not living right in the heart of the city). The bad part is that we are trying to buy a house and plan a wedding at the same time. With little money. Our house down payment will hopefully come from the $8,000 tax credit (used as a loan for the down payment) but we will still need money for closing and probably at least a few new items (we plan to wait until AFTER the wedding to outfit the house more and we expect we will register for a lot of the stuff we might need).
I have heard hiring a wedding planner is the best way to stay within a budget. It sounds almost counterproductive: spending money on someone to tell you how to save money...But part of me is considering it. I also wish I could be in Montana more to try and find things like caterers. No one in Montana has a website so I have no idea if places like Lulu's Catering are legitimate or just some backyard BBQ place. It's hard! My parents are being super helpful but there are some things I just want to do and it takes 10 times the energy to try and do it long distance. Maybe I will go home in February or something to work on it more. I found a great place for food but they are already booked which tells me I can't wait much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment