04 October, 2009

Suction

We desperately need a new vaccuum. I bought a Hoover Windtunnel in college and it just never seemed to suck as good as it should. Last year it wasn't a big deal because even though I had Scrappy, I borrowed my roommate's vacuum when mine wasn't doing its job. NOW we are in our own place with a dark brown rug and pillows downstairs, a black bedskirt and furniture upstairs and a dog who never ever stops shedding.

The last thing I want to spend money on is a new vacuum but we have to. Our's just isn't doing the trick anymore. I've been advised that the Dyson Animal is the way to go. Ranging from $300-$500 it is nearly a quarter of my monthly salary. The problem is, we can't afford to go cheap here. Scrappy isn't going anywhere and if we buy a bad or inexpensive vacuum, we'll just spend the money to replace it again in a year or two. I've been trying to research what would be best but it's just so hard to tell.

I kind of want an iRobot Roomba, the little round disc that cleans the floors while we're away at work. While this would be nice, I know there is a good chance Scrappy would attack anything that was gliding itself across our living room when we weren't there and I've heard they really don't last that long. I don't mind vacuuming, our house isn't that big. I just want something that works...and doesn't cost a small fortune.

What has life come to when my blogs about shopping no longer involve clothes and shoes but vacuums? Welcome to adulthood?

1 comment:

Ran said...

get the dyson so I can live vicariously through you!!!! I keep praying that our vacume will break so I will have an excuse to buy it, haha!