19 October, 2009

symphony

One of my new friends invited me to see Ben Folds with the Seattle Symphony tomorrow night. I am so excited! I love hannging out with her and would love to see this combination of artists!

Nathan and I went to a first time homebuyer class last week. The class kind of made us feel like we're really far away from purchasing a home but then on a whim I called mortgage company, just to give us a better idea of where we stand. I just wanted some questions answered but the extremely nice loan officer insisted I let her pull our credit so she could see how things look right now but also could give it to her credit specialist who could tell us what we could work on to make our rate even better. She is still needing to finish everything but so far my credit report was good enough to get a loan. Of course Nathan's will make it better since he's the one with the income. We have a significant amount of debt with my terrible graduate school student loan (thank God I don't have anything from undergrad or there would be no hope), my car loan, Nathan's car loan, the rest of Nathan's old car and his student loan which is much much smaller than mine. And some credit cards. We haven't been so good with saving up a down payment so we're exploring what we can do about that. It sounds like the first time homebuyer credit will be extended which would be awesome. Right now it can be used as a down payment which would be so helpful for us. Unfortunately we're too late to take advantage of it so I'm just praying it will be extended.

The loan officer wanted to get everything started and ready to go so that if it was extended we could jump right on it and have all our paperwork finished. We don't qualify for any down payment assistance programs because our income is too high but there is still a lot to explore...and we could just work like crazy to reach the 3.5% we need for an FHA loan. So we'll see. I'm pretty excited this is much more attainable than we thought. I just wish we had started sooner but we were just so unsure and didn't want to pull credit again. Now it's time to get serious!

I drug myself to the gym today and am hoping this step will push me back into it. I go through spurts of doing really well and then just quit completely. Today I worked hard on the treadmill, did some weights and jump roped. I love jumping rope, I really need to do it more, it's great for getting my heart going. I did jump rope in junior high and loved it. Our school had a huge award winning team. I was a Skip-A-Beat which was not as good as the Skip Elites but it was still so fun! I tried to bring back my can-can and double unders and whatnot...I need to work on them:)

No comments: