03 September, 2009

4 day weekend

My Labor Day weekend has officially begun! Nathan is gone for a boy's weekend at The Gorge and Scrappy and I are here, just hanging out. I had every intention of making big plans for myself this weekend and then waited until the last minute and realized everyone was off doing their own thing. Oh well. I'm going to see some friends tomorrow night, maybe meet up with another for lunch Saturday, go to a new church Sunday...but otherwise I'm just going to relax, go to the library, organize the garage, take Scrappy to the new dog park, go use my IKEA gift card, go shop the Labor Day sales...It all sounds really great to me!

I need a break anyway. My job is non-stop busy (which is a huge difference from when I was hired 4 months ago and was stuck doing absolutely nothing in my old position) which I LOVE but it just starts to get old. Lately I've been dreaming about work. This is my absolute least favorite thing in the world. It feels like I never left! I think this is a clear sign I need a few days away. There are just so many details involved in this program (a government program-which explains why there are so many useless details) and I am NOT a details girl. I just do, take care of the little stuff later, you know whatever works...There's not really room for that. I also don't believe there is one method for helping everyone and this program does, which is so stupid for the goals we try to meet...but again, all these government programs seem to often be backwards in the way they play out. So I just suck it up and follow the handbook, fifty billion pages long as it is.

My parents will be here next weekend! We'll first meet them for a couple days at the vineyards in Walla Walla and then they're coming back here for a Seahawks game and a couple days in the big city. I'm so excited, we keep talking about all the places we want to take them. There is definitely not enough time! Guess they'll have to come back!

No comments: