Somewhere last week I turned 25. I'm not even really sure about saying it...Twenty-five. I feel so much younger than 25. I don't know what 25 means. What am I supposed to be doing with my life right now!? It's a bit unnerving knowing I'm a quarter of a century old. I never noticed the number until now.
Thankfully life is good and my birthday was great. Nathan got me a GPS which was the most needed present I have ever gotten. I am now able to navigate Seattle with my trusty English guide who happily tells me to "turn left" "keep right" and merrily re-calculates when I don't follow her directions. Not only does this GPS save my life but it saves our relationship! No more arguing over who will navigate, who gave the wrong directions, who wouldn't ask for directions...we just leave it up to my little Garmin and traveling is easy!
I am desperately seeking some friendships right now. Now that I've been here a couple months and gotten settled in, I'm ready for some lasting girl friends. They don't come easily though. It'll take some time but I know there are some nice, fun, caring girls out there who are willing to put in as much into the friendship as I am. At least I think so. Maybe finding a church would help us.
It gets a little lonely without that aspect. I absolutely love having Nathan and he is by far my best friend...but he's not a girl...and he needs some time away from me! He hasn't said this but I believe it. I know all good relationships need separate friendships.
2 comments:
Love you Ashley, and we can't wait for you to meet Ms. Amelia! Happy belated Birthday!
:)Sara
you couldn't be more right about having friendships outside your relationship! that's something i've struggled with since we moved here more than 2 years ago!! GL, it will happen eventually. :)
Post a Comment