10 June, 2009

last day


Today was my last day at work. I am beyond sad about leaving. I was thinking all day about how different my new job is and how it will never compare to this one. These past 14 months have been so good, I LOVED waking up for work every single day. I was really unsure at first and almost left but I gave it a chance and I am SO glad I did. The atmosphere was awesome, relaxed, laid back, supportive, energetic...everyone was so awesome, I've never felt so GOOD in my place of work. I so wish I could stay there, not just right now but forever. I could easily see myself retiring there...and so many people too. It's just such a good organization to work for. But, I have to leave. My new job is at a community action agency, just like my old one. I thought it'd be exactly the same but I'm sadly learning it's much different. I know I need to give it a chance but I'm just so unsure about it.


My office threw a big BBQ during lunch today as a going away for me and birthday for our information specialist. It was so nice. They gave me a really nice card and a $100 Visa gift card! They are too good to me. Yesterday the homeless team at work took me out for lunch and gave me a sweet card and a Starbucks card. Sheeesh! It's not about the gifts but it just shows how wonderful they are, planning these things for me. I've gotten lots of calls from people who couldn't make the parties and people from other agencies, calling to wish me good luck. I have really established myself here and it has been so nice and comfortable...


Things have been kind of quiet lately as I just find myself kind of reflecting and looking towards the future. Every single one of my classmates' Facebook statuses talk about how sad they are too leave and how emotional they are. I don't think any one of us thought this ending of graduate school and start of our new lives would be so hard. I loved graduate school and everything that came with it, it was such a unique experience and it went by so fast. Now everyone is leaving and starting lives, getting married, buying houses, getting new jobs, moving away...I wish I met all of these people years ago and had experiences like this long before now.


Tomorrow is going to be a total "me" day. I'm going to sleep in, get my hair done, do a little shopping, get a MysticTan, go for a bike ride and read a book for pleasure...I need to pack too but I'm just going to take it easy, reward myself for the last two years and plan for the ones to come. I got a really cool pendant today while I was shopping. It has like a cool tree on one side and the word "journey" on the other. I think it's pretty fitting for right now. I'm going to put it on a chain and wear it to graduation with the new dress I got (it's a super cute summery dress that wasn't exactly what I was thinking-it's super casual- but it was 40% and I can wear it again and again).

No comments: