I absolutely positively LOVE our new place. I wanted to take pictures this weekend but we aren't completely unpacked yet (and most of my stuff isn't even there) so I wanted to wait until next weekend when it's a little more put together. But we did and got so much this weekend...it is adorable. I am so thankful Nathan's mom was there, she is the reason our place looks so good. She is so crafty and smart with decorating and color schemes. Our colors are mostly chocolate brown, khaki, slate blue and burnt reddish orange. I love it. We got an awesome couch and loveseat just under our budget of $1000 and they are amazing. We got them at ScanDesign which is a normally expensive Scandinavian furniture store. We weren't planning to go in but decided to anyway (we are Scandinavian after all) and as we entered the store we realized it was an outlet store...so the prices were lower. We scored an awesome khaki-colored modern looking comfy couch in a fabric that is kind of a combination of tweed and suede. It is so perfect for our place it's crazy. We even negotiated the price a little lower. I love it.
We went crazy at IKEA ($800 later?) and Target and got so much great stuff. It was well worth it and we had saved up for decorating the place so it was great. We still need a coffee table and end tables in the living room, some accent pillows for the couch, a nice bookshelf type thing and some wall art.
I was so sad to leave this morning, it totally feels like home and it's a home I completely adore. I was supposed to go home last night but I just couldn't stand to go so I left early this morning and went to work a little late. It was well worth it even though I was completely exhausted all day. We had such a busy weekend.
I wish I could have been with my mom for Mother's Day but at least my dad and little brother made her some good food and gave her flowers and took care of her all day. I had Mother's Day with Nathan's mom instead. We went to this cute little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant that may be our new favorite. We, so far, have completely lucked out with our restaurant choices in our new community and I am so excited to try more. I was a little unsure about our location but I am realizing more and more how truly perfect it is for us. We even said we might stay 2 years instead of one...I'm so happy there.
Nathan has been putting together the new furniture (bedroom end tables, leather kitchen table chairs...) and hanging everything while I'm gone. He's such a good handyman. I wish I could be there to help him unpack and put things away though. I did as much as I could this weekend but there was still so much more. Our next couple weekends are completely busy too so I can't really do anything at the new house until next week when I start my new job and live there five days a week and in Spokane for 2. My first day is May 18 and then I come back to Spokane for two days, then fly back to Seattle for 5...and so on for 3 weeks. Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment