17 November, 2008

frozen

Recently I came to the realization that nothing in the freezer belongs to me. Well, except one container of ice cream and one frozen pizza. Other than that it is all my roommate's. This bothers me for two reasons: 1) There is no room for my stuff even if I wanted anything...which is an issue I'm sure could be worked out if said space was actually needed. 2) I have no food on days like today when it's already late and I just want something easy. Or even hard, whatever, just some FOOD. I am craving corn right now...and have none. Stir fry...not going happen. Chicken or some other sort of MEAT? Nothing. How did I let this happen? I'll tell you: graduate school. I don't have time for food. I have time for sandwiches or soups that can be quickly tossed into my backpack for later. I have time for a bowl of ice cream simply because I'm exhausted at the end of the day and it's all I'm craving. Oy.

I would go to the grocery store right now and stock up simply because I don't want to find myself empty-handed the next time I reach into the freezer...But I'm not going to. Class got cancelled tonight and for once I just want to enjoy this thing called "free time" at home.

I want to make a bunch of good stuff and freeze it. Then it can be easily accessed for a 30 minute or less meal. I like those meals. I can't even tell you how badly I want the next 6 months 3 weeks and 6 days to pass so my life can finally fit into the semi-normal category.

My dog smells like dirt but there is something completely endearing to me about this smell. It makes him seem ten times cuter all of a sudden. I don't know why. Lately I've found myself loving him more than I thought possible. We might have to board him for a few days around New Year's and I actually got a little verklempt when I started thinking about leaving my baby there...when did I become this type of pet owner? I didn't love him like this when I went to clean up my car yesterday and could not even begin to get all of his stupid white hair out of there...And his nose smudges all over the window and his slobber on the dashboard. Why do I love him so much?

No comments: