14 October, 2008

tired

It's 8:00pm and I am so excited for bed. I did the reading for one of my classes so I feel like I've put in enough time on school work and can call it a night. I plan to crawl into my bed with the dog and a magazine and see how long my eyes stay open. I have no idea where the tiredness came from.

I interviewed for my job today and I'll find out tomorrow what they decided. Everyone has already told me I "don't need to worry" so I'm not. But I would still just like it to be confirmed that I'm a regular employee now and not temporary.

My friend Whitney was in town with her husband so we had lunch together. She is part of my group of high school best friends so I was so excited to see her. That group of friends was the best I've ever had so being with her made me miss it all. Her poor husband had to sit and listen to us talk about who's doing what as far as high school classmates go but he was a good sport. Seeing my married friends always makes me want to fast forward life though. Even though I'm working my master's I feel like I'm behind the times and still in school compared to others who are advancing their lives. It's dumb I know but I think I'm just sick of school!

My mom is coming here this weekend to trade cars. When I went home for my great grandpa's funeral I took my car in to have the tires rotated and was told the rear brakes were so bad I needed to have them fixed before I could drive my car. Because I was there for such a short amount of time my dad insisted I leave the car there and take a different one. Thus, I headed home in soccer mom style (mom's van). I have no idea how much all this is going to end up costing me, especially since the realized the front brakes are a mess too. I think the parts are about $450 and then my grandpa put them in. Even so, the last thing I want to do is spend any extra money on this stuff... Ugh. It was charged to my dad's account with the mechanic though and he said there isn't a rush to pay him back, so that helps. I'm thinking half now and half a little later will at least be a little more manageable.

This means no seeing Nathan this weekend and I am missing him like crazy...But I think we can manage. This weekend together was a good one, another reminder of how head over heels I still am. I love that feeling. Nine months this weekend and it's still there, life is good.

Tomorrow when I go to the gym I'm getting signed up for spinning classes and then preparing to sweat my ass off 3 days a week during my lunch time. I will come back to work red-faced and sweaty but I'm going to get a workout and get my money's worth

No comments: