Yesterday was my 27th birthday and it was the first time the number actually felt a little weird to me. Normally I love birthdays, and this one was no different, but hearing twenty-seven and knowing it's my age just feels so strange. So I think that means I have reached the whole 'I just act the age I feel' stage and don't really think about the number anymore...Of course 27 is by no means old and I am still acting that way...but the feeling is definitely different than it was at 20. Maybe it's just adulthood and being married, having a career and a degree and a house and all that stuff.
Anyway, it was a great birthday. The night before my birthday Nathan and I packed a little picnic of our favorite bread, gourmet cheeses and meats and olives and headed to the lake near our house. It was fun to just sit on a blanket and enjoy some downtime together... not to mention we both love cheeses and breads which taste even better when consumed at a picnic.
On my birthday there was a Sounders game so we planned to go watch it at our friends' house as we normally do. Nathan planned pedicures and manicures for all the girls while the boys watched the game which was a ton of fun. Afterwards we met back up and went to the horse races.
We finally remembered to bring our new camera and got some really cool shots of the horses in action. After the races we went back to our friends' to have a bbq and hang out. Their neighborhood block party just happened to be that night too so we spent a little time there with the live music and dancing. I told Nathan I am bringing this idea to our homeowner's association, we need a sweet block party! All in all a good birthday for sure. Nathan gave me a Kindle and 4 real books. I am working on getting used to the Kindle since I love the touch/feel/scent of books (no joke) but I think it will be very helpful when we travel, when I have downtime, etc. etc. I plan to just have a hybrid of electronic and paperback/hardcover books because I just can't give it all up.
Nathan and I made snickerdoodle cupcakes for my birthday and they were so good. I wanted to buy cupcakes from my favorite place but we had an overabundance of eggs from the milkman that needed to be used so homemade it was. I also haven't baked for almost a month so it was almost like a therapeutic return to one of my favorite hobbies.
I'm actually surprised at my lack of baking considering my endless amount of free time this summer. It has gone by pretty fast and while I have definitely had some major boredom moments (as in, all I want to do is go shopping every day but if I did that we would be eating Ramen for the rest of our lives), it has been pretty fun to have an entire summer off. School starts back up September 7 so I'll be officially back to work a couple days before. I am procrastinating re-painting and decorating my office but maybe this week it will finally happen. We still have a few more things to look forward to this summer: the first Seahawks game in which we are season ticketholders, monthly dinner party and Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge over Labor Day. I really do love summer...now if the sun would just come out things would be even more enjoyable!
I'm actually surprised at my lack of baking considering my endless amount of free time this summer. It has gone by pretty fast and while I have definitely had some major boredom moments (as in, all I want to do is go shopping every day but if I did that we would be eating Ramen for the rest of our lives), it has been pretty fun to have an entire summer off. School starts back up September 7 so I'll be officially back to work a couple days before. I am procrastinating re-painting and decorating my office but maybe this week it will finally happen. We still have a few more things to look forward to this summer: the first Seahawks game in which we are season ticketholders, monthly dinner party and Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge over Labor Day. I really do love summer...now if the sun would just come out things would be even more enjoyable!
1 comment:
yeah for kindles! did you get a case too? i have yet to get one because they're so freakin expensive, i'm thinking of just making something to slip it into while i'm on the go.
Post a Comment