Wow, we have definitely been busy this year and it's only April! So, we thought we found a house, we made an offer, we had mutual acceptance, we got ready to move forward...but then we got realistic. The house was awesome, brand new, modern and really fun and funky. However, it was right on the interstate. Loud and visable. We thought we could look past it but we were luckily talked out of it just in time. Nathan's mom has been in town (more on that later) and we took her over to view the house last weekend. Being an experienced buyer and seller, she was able to give us very helpful insight about the resale value of our home. Our plan is to only stay in this house for 5 years so resale is a major priority. This one's location near the interstate will make it SO hard to sell. Luckily our realtor is awesome and she was able to save our earnest money and get us pulled out just in time.
We are relieved we didn't get stuck in a house we might not ever sell. So now we are back to the short sale...and it's looking really good. We had an inspection yesterday and it looks great. A few very minor things like a broken doorbell, missing weather stripping on the front door and a bathroom fan duct that needs to be reattached...not bad at all! Next will be the appraisal and then we will wait for our loan company to get all our paperwork through so we can move to closing. Right now our closing date is set at May 30 but the goal is at least a week or two sooner and we should be able to do it. Since it's a short sale with drama nothing is for sure until the keys are in our hands so we around holding our breath...but we are SO hopeful!
Aside from house news, I got a new job!! I will be working at a middle school and a high school in the Edmonds School District as a Prevention Interventionist. It's basically a case manager for students and families with high risk students. I'm really excited, it's a great career move and should be great. Plus I'll be on the school schedule! I will work part time in July and August but otherwise I'll have the traditional spring break, winter break, holidays...niiiice. I am super sad to leave my coworkers at Hopelink but it's time to go. I haven't been happy in my job for months so I need to make the change, and I think this one will be a lasting change.
In not so happy news, Nathan's grandma was flown over to Harbor View from Montana last week. She has a very bad infection that is still yet to be explained. They are saying spinal bacterial meningitis but there is nothing for sure. She is very disoriented, had a major spinal surgery to remove a lot of the infection and has fluid in her lungs. Some days are better than others but until there are some medical answers it is just a mystery. We are glad she is here so we can provide a free place to stay and a car to drive for Nathan's mom and uncle and the other family who come to see here. Plus Harbor View is the best place she can be with a medical mystery so that's good. We are saying lots of prayers in hope of some answers! They say she could be here for 2 months so we are hoping we get that new house soon so there is more room for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment