21 February, 2010

whirlwind weekend

I am back from my whirlwind wedding planning weekend in Montana. It was good, we got a tent for WAAAY less than we thought ($500 versus thousands!), booked a DJ, got some ideas for florists and sampled some food from possible caterers. We're getting somewhere! I need to go back again with a little more time to do things but I'm not sure when that will be...maybe Easter will be the next opportunity. It's not exactly cheap to get there and it's pointless for me to drive if it's only for couple days. I guess we just need to accept that this year will probably be the most expensive year of our lives right now! I am sooo excited for this summer and I can't wait for it to get here...at the same time I really want to savor these moments and planning and excitement before they are gone. Less than 6 months left, I can't believe it.

We didn't get the house we liked. We offered on the brand new one and were getting somewhere, going back and forth with counter offers...and then a cash buyer came in and offered full price and we were out. Ughhhh. Our realtor went and looked at 6 places this weekend and didn't think any were worth showing us. We just found a bunch of listing for brand new places being built now. Our realtor is checking to see if they will be a possibility. We really want to get the tax credit which means we have to be in a binding contract by April 30 and close by June 30. Not sure if these houses will be finished by then. She is going to check and let us know tomorrow. I so hope. They are nice brand new places well within our price range. I am kind of losing hope right now so we really need something good to happen before the discouragement sets in. There's got to be something out there for us.

No comments: