28 April, 2009

i got a job!

I got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I applied for a job as a Case Manager at Hopelink in Bellevue, Washington and was called for a pre-screening interview, then later a phone interview and then today I was officially offered the job! It's a one year grant but there is a good chance I can get a different position at Hopelink when my year ends or even that the grant could be renewed. I'm so excited! This takes so much pressure off the next six weeks, the job search is over and we can start moving forward with our plans, knowing exactly what we're working with! I'm stoked it's in Bellevue too. Nathan works in downtown Bellevue and our new house is in South Bellevue/Renton area so no long commute for me! I was getting really nervous about making a 45 minute-hour long drive into Seattle and back every day. YUCK.

I have wanted to work at Hopelink since I found them nearly two years ago. I literally checked the website daily for job openings and was so happy to find this one. I have applied for over 25 jobs so I wasn't really counting on hearing anything back...but apparently this was the perfect fit! It is a community action agency just like SNAP that I work at now so that will be an easy transition, plus I am already certified as a Family Development Specialist which is a requirement within a few months of starting the job. My past supervisors gave me awesome references which I am so grateful for.

They want me to start ASAP so I need to get a start date picked and get moving. I will still have to drive back for class on Wednesdays for about 3 weeks after I start so it'll be a little bit of a juggling game with some creative scheduling but they said they want me and they like me and are willing to work with my schedule! I am extremely sad to leave SNAP and am trying to figure out the best way to do it. If I have to come back for class anyway, I may just work at SNAP a day and a half a week still to tie up the loose ends until someone new is hired. And it makes letting go easier...

I am super excited to move into the new place though. We are moving Nathan in May 9th so I plan to stuff my car with as much of my stuff as possible so I can feel at home there too. I think on May 16 when he drives back through Spokane after his sister's graduation I will have him fill the truck up with more of my stuff too. Then I'll just get the last of it after graduation. I can't wait! I'm thinking my start date will by May 18 but I need to talk to my supervisor tomorrow and see. My main supervisor is on vacation so I have to hit her with the news when she gets back...ooops.

No comments: