Well...tomorrow will mark Snow Day number 3 for me this week and the 5th day of no work. We had Monday off for MLK Day and Tuesday was a non-student/teacher professional development day. I am not required to go to those since I am not a teacher but this one ended up being canceled due to snow anyway...So it's been a whole week off. I suppose the average person would be pretty excited about this, and don't get me wrong, I am and I SO needed a break...but I am getting bad cabin fever. We have about 10 inches of snow at our house which is A LOT for this area, it's the most I've ever seen living in western Washington and I think we set some records or got close to it...Since Seattle isn't used to snow there are very few snow plows. In fact, our neighborhood and those around it have not been plowed at all so driving is not the greatest. This means most people are not going to work so stores are closed...so, even though I can get out and have no problem driving in this stuff, there's really nowhere I can go...trust me, I tried today. Everything is closed.
Sooooo...I've already baked and cooked as much as our stomachs can handle and I've read through nearly every magazine that was neglected and sitting on our entry table. I have changed the sheets on the beds, washed and folded every dirty clothes item in the house, sorted the mail, vacuumed, purged my closet, shoveled the driveway daily, taken Scrappy for walks, watched as much t.v. as I can handle (which is not much), watched Redbox movies...I'm running out of enjoyable things to do. I think tomorrow I may make a snowman. I feel a little funny doing it alone in my yard as the neighbor kids play in their yards but whatever. Maybe they can help.
Nathan has worked from home the last couple days. It's nice having company but he really is working so we don't get to hang out much or leave his computer or phone. He is also among the population who believes no one should be out in this weather...
Nathan has worked from home the last couple days. It's nice having company but he really is working so we don't get to hang out much or leave his computer or phone. He is also among the population who believes no one should be out in this weather...
We are very lucky as many people south of us are losing power due to freezing rain. I don't think we will (knock on wood) but luckily our fireplace still works when we do lose power so we won't be super cold...that was my biggest worry. Otherwise we can handle the candles, no showers and camp-style meals. But let's just hope we don't have to go that far.
No comments:
Post a Comment