The craziness has begun! Not even 3 days after our engagement all the questions started coming about flowers and colors and dresses and dates and locations and times and food and music and on and on and on! I wish we could be engaged a little longer so there would be time to just soak it all in. We have almost nine months exactly from our engagement date which isn't THAT bad but summers in Montana = wedding season and already one of the photographers I had considered as a back-up to my number one choice only has 3 dates left for the entire summer!
There are a few things I am not willing to scrimp on-namely an excellent photographer. If everything works out, we will have Mandy Mohler whose work and style I absolutely love. She took pictures of my brothers and me last year and just keeps getting better and better. I think the artsy wedding pictures she does are awesome. Beyond that we also will be having a lot of people (our guest list is at 220 right now) so we need good entertainment in the form of good food and good music. We might end up with just an iPod shuffle to save money but it will still be good! And food may not be gourmet but we will definitely be feeding our guests and showing them a good time-Montana style.
I just got back from a girl's weekend in San Francisco where I tried on a few dresses for fun. They were way out of our budget but I was more just trying to get an idea of what's out there. I want to wait until my mom can be a part of it all before I go crazy but I am getting more and more ideas. That process is kind of crazy in itself, a little bit emotional!
Beyond all the planning though I just feel SO happy. My cousin told me she just was "glowing" after getting engaged and I totally get it. I am still just up in the clouds and head over heels in love with my new fiance'. I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face and I get so excited to see him in the morning and come home to him at the end of the day. He's been a major part of my life for 23 years but now his role is changing and he has become such a huge part of my WORLD...I just love him so much.
One of the things I was most excited for after getting engaged was buying my first bridal magazines. It was something I refused to do until becoming engaged because I wanted to save the excitement. Now I have a few from which I rip pages of ideas and add to a binder. Right now it's just all fun, eventually I'll get serious about the planning.
August 7, 2010 is our date.
No comments:
Post a Comment