12 August, 2008

planted

I decided I will never be a plant person. I will never let plants control my life. In the past week I have witnessed 3 women in my life who have freaked out about leaving their plants without water and were beyond devastated to find they were starting to die when they left town. I just can't be held back by something like a plant. My roommate wanted to come all the way home just to water them while I was gone for 2 weeks. My mom shouted, "Oh NO!" like my brother had just died when she looked out the window to find her tomatoes keeling over...I don't understand!

Granted I do not have a green thumb or anything close to it and actually am pretty proud of myself for keeping a plant alive for 11, going on 12 months...But if it died? I wouldn't mind. It's huge and it was expensive but really...I think there are other things that would pain me more than the death of my spider tree or whatever it's called. I think my mom may be a bit disappointed to know I can't bear to follow in her gardening footsteps but right now I just...can't bring myself to do it!

In other news I turn 24 tomorrow. Life hasn't followed the path I thought it would but I'm pretty happy with how it has gone so far. I'm sad no one makes a big deal about birthdays though. Somewhere around age 12 birthdays become less and less of an event and more of an obligation. I love birthdays so I hope my kids don't mind my going all out for them. Barbie-themed party when you're 21? Mom will do it! Ninja Turtles and a bounce room for your 18th birthday, no problem! I want to go out to dinner tomorrow at least but I'm not sure I can convince anyone to leave the lake to drive into town for that. If not I will settle for a bbq as long as my mom will make me a cake. A balloon or two would be nice too. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your plant theory. I think they're beautiful but I kill everything. Um...WHY DONT WE TALK!?! I am so mad I just got home from Montana. What are the chances we were totally there at the same time. AND Whitney is home too for a few months actually. You have to call her. Her and Joey are boomerangers for a while till he finds out about law school. I saw Holly at the airport too. I miss all of you and I dont get why we dont communicate better. I hope you saw my prego pic. I put it up there for you :) Have fun on the lake. That's awesome yall are just up and moving, I love that. I want to do that all the time but then I think about school and work and living then I come back to reality. When Ry is done with school we are so out of here. I get sick of being one place too long for some reason. We could even end up in South Carolina soon. Now that's an adventure, you wanna talk about polar opposites. Its a freakin foreign country! Anyway, miss you glad to hear you're so happy. That makes me happy. I also agree with you on the B Days. They should always be celebrated like you're 8. Rock the bouncy house! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!